SRG is a global staffing and consulting firm and we are searching for a QC Associate II for a 6 month contract in Morrisville, NC!
The Contract QC Associate II performs high throughput, right-first-time laboratory work to meet production schedules and project milestones. They are expected to follow procedures and have familiarity and proficiency with a wide variety of microbiological methods and supporting data management processes. Microbiological disciplines common to the laboratory include, but are not limited to: aseptic technique, bioburden testing (membrane filtration), endotoxin determination (kinetic chromogenic, gel clot), environmental and clean utility monitoring, Gram staining, and culture purity testing. The ideal candidate also has experience with automated and/or rapid microbiological methods.
Responsibilities may include:
• Informs/consults with management regarding resource conflicts.
• Responsible for a broad range of laboratory support functions and procedures as assigned, demonstrating expertise in technical skills, disciplines, and procedures within assigned discipline area(s)
• Support all necessary laboratory and assay functions, including housekeeping, safety, logbook use and maintenance, equipment use and maintenance, method execution and data review.
• Embrace lean lab and six sigma principles and applies them to laboratory processes
• Reviews technical data and provides expert review and input to new methods and revisions.
• Notifies management and initiates events (such as deviations) in the quality systems
• Prioritizes and organizes work to deliver assignment according to established schedules and deadlines. May coordinate logistics associated with laboratory testing or supporting documentation with others in group
• May provide technical services (such as preparing reports and initiating deviations) from preexisting templates.
• Capable of meeting schedule RFT, high quality effort, taking initiative to communicate, coordinate, and adjust work efforts to achieve these objectives.
• Trainer within areas of proficiency
• Contributes to achievement of team goals and sense of teamwork within unit and across department
• Identifies and solves problems while informing and consulting with area management
Minimum Education Requirements:
• BS/BA in science, preferably in microbiology, biology, pharmaceutical sciences, or related technical field
• 2-4 years related laboratory experience (0 years required with relevant MS degree)
Specific Skills and Competencies
• Possesses an understanding and knowledge of procedures and practices in assigned area
• Has developed basic technique skills and is capable of working within established procedures
• Capable of working with a moderate degree of supervision and organizing own time
• Familiarity with basic statistical tools to analyze data in relation to trends results
• Familiarity with data management processes such as Trackwise or LIMS or capability to learn basic use and navigation within the systems.
• Capable of identifying and escalating problems to superiors
• Can manage one or more tasks in a manner that promotes effective schedule adherence.
• Ability to manage changing priorities in a productive and positive manner
• Can communicate effectively with colleagues in department, building trust and respect
• Ability to learn and incorporate lean lab and six sigma principles into daily work environment.
• Problem solving and troubleshooting competencies
SRG is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law.
your application has been submitted