Research Associate Biology
Research Support Specialist to join our Biology Core Support team.
Responsible for the daily study support needs of our therapeutic areas and collaborates with scientists and key stakeholders to maintain operational performance levels consistent with and according to our biology’s expectations and standards.
Hands on experience and substantiated knowledge with preclinical rodent models (mammalian and/or CHO) is required.
The successful candidate will be proficient in basic in vitro laboratory skills and familiar with ex vivo sample processing and analysis.
Training in a relevant field (BS or MS) with a minimum of 2-3 years of post-graduate hands on experience or demonstrate equivalent work experience in murine models of cancer, inflammation and/or immunology.
Candidates should have experience in the design, execution and analysis of immunological, tumor, and/or pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics (PK/PD) studies.
Proficiency in murine handling techniques such as IV, IP, oral dosing, in life and terminal blood collection, and handling of tissues during necropsy and processing for ex vivo analysis is critical for this role.
Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team is essential.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Animal Science or related discipline preferred.
• Experience: Two to three years of laboratory animal facility experience.
•Knowledge of and experience with USDA regulations, laboratory animal welfare guidelines and AAALAC, International guidelines
• Certification/Licensure: AALAS certification at the Technologist (LAT) level.
• Demonstrated ability to organize and plan and study request with minimum supervision.
• Working knowledge of laboratory animal equipment and supplies, for a variety of common laboratory animals and personal protective equipment requirements for various bio-safety levels.
• The position requires direct contact with a variety of laboratory animal species.
SRG is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law.
your application has been submitted