Vice President, Non-Clinical Development - Cambridge, MA
We are looking for a highly motivated and innovative candidate for the role of Vice President, Non-Clinical Development. The expectation is that the VP, Non-Clinical Development will have experience leading non-clinical programs and cross-functional teams. Reporting to the Co-Founder / President / Head of R&D, the right candidate will be a strategic thinker that brings a leadership presence and enthusiasm for the company along with a deep scientific knowledge.
You are someone who is:
- Looking to grow their leadership/management skills and be an integral part of the company and research discovery.
- Searching for an opportunity to grow within an early-stage company and help invent the next generation of gene therapies.
- Willing to develop and nurture junior staff and serve as a leader, mentor and advisor.
- Learns quickly on the job and can take up new and exciting projects without much oversight.
Some of the work you will be doing:
- Lead and oversee all aspects of company’s non-clinical programs.
- Build a world class non-clinical department by identifying, recruiting, and hiring highly qualified colleagues.
- Build capacity/functionality of the department by ensuring the latest methodologies and technologies are considered and adopted as applicable.
- Influence through effective communication, respectful challenge, and persuasion across the research organization.
- Work closely with other functional areas and colleagues to ensure that all non-clinical studies are performed in a timely manner and executed at high quality.
- Design and manage pre-clinical studies (GLP and non-GLP) for inclusion in IND filing.
- Exercise technical expertise in the design, execution, and interpretation of experiments that contribute to project goals.
- Select and manage contract research organizations (CROs) to support non-clinical development programs.
- Prepare technical reports, quantitative analyses, protocols, and scientific presentations.
- Present results to external partners, company’s Board of Directors, and other research team peers, as well as presenting externally at scientific meetings and conferences.
- Ph.D. with 10 years of relevant experience or equivalent experience required.
- Oncology or Immuno-Oncology experience required.
- Experience managing gene/engineered cell therapy programs in an industry setting.
- Experience leading non-clinical stage programs and a cross-functional team is required.
- Strong knowledge of non-clinical drug development and FDA regulations is essential.
- Proven experience in design, coordination, analysis and documentation of non-clinical studies.
- Demonstrated experience working across internal and external research teams.
- Experience working with CROs.
- Ability to quickly adapt to change and thrive in a dynamic and entrepreneurial early-stage environment.
- Strong team player with excellent oral and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work independently to design experiments, interpret data, troubleshoot, and adapt experimental design based on emerging data.
SRG is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law.
your application has been submitted