SRG is seeking a Regulatory Toxicologist for a client in the Stonington, CT area. This position is with an exciting, growing agrochemical company.
- Working closely with the Discovery team to design safe and efficacious molecules; Consultants, collaborators, and others identified as instrumental to product discovery and development; and the Scientific Advisory Board, providing timely information for decision making
- Incorporating computational tools in the design of molecules. Such tools would include structure-activity relationships (OECD Toolbox, etc.), in silico identification of potential human and ecological toxicological issues, molecular docking models, and advanced capability to implement predictive human and environmental modeling
- Employ and interpret early-phase product safety screening assays to evaluate and select compounds for development. Screening assays will cover both human and environmental risk
- Coordinate the development of post-screening de-risking strategies that help lead to the design, selection, and advancement of safe and efficacious compounds
- Identify optimal Contract Research Organizations and other collaborators for study placement.
- Coordinate and manage protocol development, study conduct, delivery of data, and interpretation of results
- PhD in toxicology, pharmacology, or related field
- 4+ years of experience working in the field of human and/or ecological toxicology
- An understanding of and experience with global regulatory data requirements
- Demonstrated experience in informatics and/or insilico modeling, i.e. predictive toxicity software, genomics/transcriptomics, with an emphasis on extracting, compiling, and analyzing complex data sets for building QSAR/machine learning models
- Experience with designing and placing studies with CROs or other collaborators, with an ability to influence and arbitrate the quick resolution of issues, ensuring on-time delivery of results and reports
- Ability to work well within a diverse team and to think strategically
- Effective management of a wide range of tasks, responding in a timely manner and adjusting and reacting quickly to changing priorities in a variety of situations
- Effective communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills
SRG is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law.
your application has been submitted