SRG is seeking an Insecticide Discovery Scientist for a client in the Stonington, CT area. This position is with an exciting, growing agrochemical company.
As an early member of the R&D team, this person will have an opportunity to help establish a culture that nurtures scientific excellence, a sense of urgency to achieve project success, and success built on collaboration and personal accountability.
Candidates should have demonstrated an ability to apply their expertise in insecticide or nematicide discovery to advance small molecule discovery campaigns from screening to identification of development candidates.
- Apply knowledge of market leading products and the attributes of highly effective insecticides and nematicides to define characterization strategies that support advancement of chemistries through the staging system.
- Lead the design and implementation of robust assays for characterization of candidate chemistries on model and agronomically important insect and nematode pests.
- Collaborate with a diverse team of scientists to identify and validate targets and optimize lead chemistries creating a pipeline of product candidates.
- Collaborate with external partners to conduct advanced characterization of candidate molecules.
- Collaborate as a member of the Biology Team to develop approaches for rapidly and reliably advancing candidate molecules through a tiered evaluation system.
- PhD in Entomology, Nematology or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in the discovery of insecticides or nematicides including direct involvement the characterization of early stage chemistries in the lab and greenhouse.
- Deep understanding of the discovery process and be able to translate this to the development of a tiered evaluation system for insecticides and nematicides
- Understanding of the properties necessary in a small molecule insecticide and nematicide discovery and a working knowledge of organic chemistry necessary to contribute to a multidisciplinary team
- Knowledge of the characterization of crop protection chemistries in the field is desirable.
- Experience in utilizing data-driven decision making to advance chemistries in a staged, pipeline management system
- Experience in establishing and managing external research collaborations
- Demonstration of scientific and team leadership skills
SRG is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law.
your application has been submitted