SRG is seeking a Biochemistry Assay Scientist for a client in the Stonington, CT area. This position is with an exciting, growing agrochemical company.
The selected individual will be responsible for building and executing the target assay platform with a focus on assay development, lead target assay activities in support of target-based, and lead discovery and optimization programs.
- Develop and implement an internal biochemical assay platform to support selection, production, characterization, and detection of target proteins across the R&D pipeline
- Lead target assay efforts and perform routine activity assays to generate and analyze the data needed to characterize hit compounds leading to advancement through the pipeline
- Strengthen expertise in assay design and development, as well as molecular biology and/or protein production and purification with hands-on work
- Manage target assay projects both internally and through CROs
- Collaboration with a diverse team of scientists to identify and validate targets and optimize lead chemistries creating a pipeline of product candidates
- Collaborate to develop an integrated strategy for discovering and developing novel crop protection chemistries
- MS/PhD in molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related field
- 5+ years of agrochemical industry experience working in the discovery of crop protection chemistry
- At least 2+ years of experience developing and implementing enzymatic assays and assay platforms
- Demonstrated expertise in experimental design and data analysis
SRG is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law.
your application has been submitted