LABORATORY TECH III
Contribute and support SkinMedica product development and skin biology basic science research by work within R&D department in the Skincare Biological Research group laboratory, conduct testing of new component function and investigate its mechanism of actions.
Requires to come on weekends (1 to 3 days per month)
Requires ability to follow laboratory procedures with attention to detail, and successfully execute experiments, such as performing cellular and molecular biology techniques, included but not limited to, cell culture, gene expression analysis such as qPCR and/or protein analysis such as western blotting and ELISA.
Creativity, attention to detail, strong communication skills, as well as the ability to successfully conduct projects under general supervision and as part of a team-based environment is crucial.
Main Area of Responsibilities:
• Responsible for cell culturing monolayer cells, 3D skin model and ex vivo samples.
• Responsible for isolating mRNA and/or proteins from cell culture samples and excised skin tissues.
• Responsibility for analyzing using molecular and/or cell biology techniques such as qPCR, western blotting and/or ELISA.
• Responsible for timely documentation of laboratory work.
• Establish experimental protocols and validating new assays under supervision.
• Communicate effectively verbally and in writing to organize the sequencing and timing of work assigned.
• Computer proficiency with common PC software such as Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Must have experience and knowledge with cellular and molecular biology techniques, included but not limited to, cell culture, gene expression analysis such as qPCR and/or protein analysis such as western blotting and ELISA.
• Must have ability to follows oral and complex written instructions.
• Must establish and maintain effective working relationships with other members of the group.
• Experience with keratinocyte cell culture and with 3D cell culture model is plus.
• Experience with histology techniques and image analysis experience are plus.
• Knowledge of skin biology, extracellular vesicles and/or cell senescence is preferred.
• Familiar and experience with writing SOPs.
• Bachelor’s degree with minimum of three years of experience in a related field at academia/pharmaceutical laboratory setting
SRG is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law.
your application has been submitted