SRG is seeking a Medical Lab Technologist for a client in Mississauga, Ontario.
The selected candidate will provide consultative support of COVID Diagnostic Services through analysis of laboratory results, review of Quality Control/Quality Assurance procedures and overall laboratory operations. Qualified candidates should be CMLTO registered and have experience in molecular diagnostic testing and analysis.
- Follow the clinical laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results.
- Adhere to the clinical laboratory’s quality control policies, documents all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed in accordance with the clinical laboratory’s approved policies and procedures.
- Follow established procedure in evaluation, specimen integrity, result accuracy and validity, and takes corrective action as necessary.
- Participate in proficiency testing samples and ensure that these samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens.
- Perform QC testing and recognize deviation from acceptable values. Follow established protocol for remedial action. Verify all assays are in control before releasing patient results.
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and able to assist in resolving technical problems.
- Perform necessary calibration of instruments and ensure calibration period is adequate to cover testing.
- Perform pre-analytical responsibilities such as sample prep, accessioning/data entry, worklist build, and sample storage.
- CMLTO registered: Registration with good standing with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario College diploma or University degree in Medical Laboratory Science, or equivalent education and/or experience.
- Experience in Molecular Diagnostic testing and result interpretation
- Proficient with use of computer, reporting, email and video conference software
- Problem solving skills, including the ability to identify and follow-up on issues
- Ability to maintain the strictest standards of safety, patient privacy and confidentiality.
SRG is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law.
your application has been submitted