Scientist – Cell-based Assays
The successful candidate for this position will work independently and contribute to projects aimed at characterizing protein-based therapeutics.
He/she will be developing and carrying out a variety of cell-based assays to evaluate the activity and functionality of therapeutic proteins.
This individual will organize, analyze, and interpret results, come forward with recommendations or understanding of the results, and communicate and present in team meetings and reports.
The ideal candidate will be able to propose and design assays and have exceptional troubleshooting skills. Experience with cell culture, western blots, and enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) is a requirement.
The work will be conducted in a BSL-2 level laboratory, and all work with cells and select agent toxins requires work in class II biological safety cabinet (BSC).
The successful candidate will collaborate extensively with other Research Scientists and Associates, while taking personal responsibility for success of assigned tasks and projects.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: DESCRIBE SCOPE:
Cell based assays: 70%
Data analysis, report writing and presentations to multidisciplinary teams: 30%
JOB QUALIFICATIONS (MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS):
The requirements described in this section are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor-level education in biological science field and nine years specific experience, Masters-level education in biological science field and six years specific experience, or PhD in Pharmacology or related discipline with a focus on cell biology and in vitro assays.
• Extensive experience with developing, performing and troubleshooting a wide variety of cell-based assays.
• Extensive experience with cell culture, western blots and enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) is required.
• Exceptional writing and communication skills
• Computer skills: advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and GraphPad Prism
* Excellence Focused
* Open and Authentic
* Act as an Owner
* Critical Thinking
* Drive Execution
Other Professional Skills:
Meticulous attention to detail and diligence in record keeping
Familiar with data analysis, curve fitting and statistics
Good understanding of project needs and how this translate to hands on experiments
Collaborative attitude, while maintaining ownership
Good professional etiquette when working with internal and external collaborators and CROs
Experience working in a regulated environment, drafting of SOP/RA documents, sample registration and monitoring
SRG is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law.
your application has been submitted