Chemical Compound Operator
Perform manufacturing operations in chemical R&D pilot plants (e.g. operate equipment and processing areas), in order to develop chemical processes and prepare chemical supplies for R&D studies in compliance with safety & quality regulations.
This is a API (active pharmaceutical ingredient) manufacturing R&D facility.
• With minimal supervision, perform manufacturing operations in chemical R&D pilot plants (e.g. operate equipment and processing areas), in order to develop chemical processes and prepare chemical supplies for R&D studies.
• Assist in the maintenance of chemical R&D pilot plant equipment and processing areas, so that the facilities are in a continual state of readiness.
• As required, assist in Installation Qualifications, Operational Qualifications, and Process Qualifications in order to keep the pilot plant facilities qualified.
• Follow operating instructions and maintain accurate records as required to ensure the successful preparation of chemical supplies.
• Perform all manufacturing operations according to the Safety, Environmental, and GMP guidelines followed by GlaxoSmithKline.
• Assist in the materials management program within the chemical R&D pilot plants, in order to keep raw material and spare part inventories at their proper levels, to ensure that materials are properly staged and labeled, to ensure that waste is properly disposed, and to ensure that appropriate records are maintained.
• Suggest improvements to equipment and operating procedures in order to successfully transfer lab-scale processes into the pilot plant facilities.
• Communicate in an accurate and timely manner with subordinates, peers, and supervisors as required to successfully achieve project goals.
• Provide training as necessary to less experienced operators.
• Attend training courses as required
• Minimum of 3 years experience in the chemical or pharmaceutical industry as an operator is required.
• Chemical industry background is best suited for this position - PREFERRED.
• GMP knowledge also preferred.
• Excellent knowledge of chemical pilot plant operations, preferably as performed in the pharmaceutical industry, is required.
• Strong mechanical aptitude is required.
• Must be able to work independently and as a member of a team with other plant operators, supervisors, chemists, and maintenance personnel.
• Must be self-motivated.
• Must be able to communicate effectively.
• Must be able to work overtime.
• Must be able to work shift work.
• Must be able to lift over fifty pounds.
• Must be able to move drums weighing 400 to 600 lbs. using the equipment available
SRG is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law.
your application has been submitted