GENERAL SUMMARY (FUNDAMENTAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION)
The Microbiologist I will be responsible for performing microbiological testing of cGMP controlled areas, pharmaceutical grade water, and in-process materials in compliance with cGMP guidelines and SOPs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS* (PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES)
• Environmental monitoring of cGMP controlled areas.
• Total particulate count monitoring of controlled areas.
• Sampling and testing of pharmaceutical grade water.
• Microbial identifications.
• Growth promotion.
• Bioburden, Endotoxin, Biological Indicator, and Sterility testing.
• Gown qualification.
• Accurate and thorough documentation.
• Proficiently perform all qualified testing methods used by the Microbiology department.
CORE COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
• Must possess excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and interpersonal skills.
• Detail oriented with strong aseptic techniques and documentation skills.
• Ability to follow SOPs and cGMP guidelines and regulations is required.
• Must be able to work in a team environment and perform job responsibilities under minimal supervision.
• Must be proficient with MS Office applications.
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE (MUST INCLUDE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS; ADDITIONAL PREFERENCES OPTIONAL)
• Associate’s degree in microbiology, biology, or other relevant scientific discipline and 2-4 years of related lab experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Must possess proven understanding of SOPs and cGMP guidelines and regulations. Aseptic gowning certification desired.
SRG is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law.
your application has been submitted