Looking to change or grow your career? We have great opportunity for you for a established client where you can use your scientific background. This is a direct hire opportunity with full benefits.
Medical Technologist Location: Davie, FL 33314
Primary Responsibilities to Include:
• Follows the clinical laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results.
• Adheres to the clinical laboratory’s quality control policies, documents all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed in accordance with the clinical laboratory’s approval policies and procedures.
• Follows the clinical laboratory’s established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the clinical laboratory’s defined acceptable levels of performance.
• Participate in proficiency testing samples and ensure that these samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens.
• Perform QC testing and recognize deviation from acceptable values. Follow established protocol for remedial action. Verify all assays are in control before releasing patient results.
• Is capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and able to assist in resolving technical problems.
• Responsible for daily, weekly and monthly maintenance. Perform necessary calibration of instruments and ensure calibration period is adequate to cover testing.
• Perform pre-analytical responsibilities such as sample prep, accessioning/data entry, worklist build, and sample storage.
Educational Requirements: • BS in Medical Technology preferred; or BS/BA in Chemistry or Biology, or Associates degree in a Laboratory Science or Medical Technology.
• Must have: Licensed as a Medical Technologist by the State of Florida in Microbiology
• Preferred: State Licenses in Clinical Chemistry, Hematology, Serology/Immunology, and Molecular Pathology are a plus, as well as, a national certification with ASCP, AAB, AMT, or equivalent.
Experience Should Include:
• Micro-pipetting and plating samples
• Sample extraction procedures
• Instrumentation maintenance and operation
your application has been submitted