Scientific Associate III
• Work in a R&D laboratory to develop new biomaterials for use in next generation medical device and drug delivery formulations.
• Assist scientists and engineers to execute experimental studies under supervision. Major portion of overall responsibilities will be to synthesize, fabricate, and/or assemble polymeric materials. Various analytical procedures will be implemented as needed.
• Actively works in a team environment. Frequent communication is essential and must interface with colleagues in cross functional departments
• Is highly engaged in lab productivity and efficiency. Offers suggestions for improving general lab efficiency along with offering/implementing suggestion for improving syntheses, formulations, SOPs, and procedures in general. Maintains cleanliness and safety of the lab.
• Writes, reviews and issues technical reports, technical memoranda and other documents for internal and external distribution. Keep detailed and organized notebooks and documentation.
• B.S. degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or other related fields.
• 0 – 2 years laboratory experience, industrial experience is preferred.
• Hands-on experience in one or more of the following technology areas is desirable: polymer synthesis, cross-linked/modified biomaterials, hydrogels, biodegradable polymers or vehicles, polymer fabrication, and chemical & physical analysis of polymers.
• Must possess basic knowledge in chemistry, good laboratory skills, presentation skill, and ability to learn. Energetic and highly motivated.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and to interact with several cross-functional groups.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to multi-task and handle several activities simultaneously.
• Generating and implementing protocols and procedures is a must. Attention to detail and constant suggestions for improving experimental methods and lab efficiency in general.
• Must be willing to learn new methods, operation of equipment and instrumentation, etc.
• Must be computer literate and have a sound knowledge of MS Office software.
|Will this position require driving? || || |
SRG is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search