LABORATORY COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST
The Lab Ops Associate is based in Irvine, CA and will support R&D by ensuring optimal operation efficiency of the laboratories.
Primary area supported is Research and External Scientific Innovation, and includes multi-disciplinary interaction with EH&S, Managed Lab Services, Facilities & Corporate Engineering, and Pharmaceutical Development with emphasis on planning, coordinating and executing logistical lab operations.
Furthermore, the position requires the individual to work with and in areas requiring select agents and Toxins access (i.e. Biosafety level 2 and biosafety level 3 laboratories).
Access to and use of select agents is regulated by federal policies. Therefore, the candidate must conduct all work activities in compliance with Allergan internal and applicable regulatory requirements.
Allergan internal requirements include compliance with ethics, environmental health and safety, financial, human resources, and general business policies, requirements and objectives.
Main Areas of Responsibilities:
• Scheduling technician visits and escorting the technicians into restricted lab spaces
• Tracking research lab equipment including inactive, new, movement, and repair or calibration schedules
• Maintaining lab freezers and the freezer alarm system
• Facilitating safety inspections and general lab orderliness
• Tracking and ordering compressed gases, collaborating with scientists to resolve lab related operational issues, etc.
• Escorting vendors and service technicians during on-site visits into research and select agent labs
• Monitoring and maintaining laboratory equipment
• Performing Lab safety duties
The following listed requirements need to be met at a minimum level to be considered for the job:
• Previous work experience within laboratory preferred (college lab experience will be considered).
• College degree in a Life Science or Chemistry (Associate’s degree with equivalent work experience will also be considered).
|Will this position require driving? || || |
SRG is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search