Associate Scientist - Level 1 US
• Complete on-time and right first time (RFT) microbial analysis of raw materials, intermediates and finish products using GLP and aseptic Microbiology techniques.
• Maintain adherence to documented procedures for all aspects of laboratory work, ensuring that all relevant information concerning samples is recorded, that samples are handled correctly, and that all necessary records and quality data are maintained
• Sampling and testing of environamental monitoring programs for Microbiology and R&D laboratories as well as testing of samples collected from the Pilot plants as per EM plan.
• Reporting and/or calculation of results in accordance with the methods of analysis.
• In collaboration with Team leader, drive improvements of Laboratory practices.
• Identify OOS/OOT results and participate in laboratory investigation as necessary .
• Carry out routine duties of media preparation, reading plates and identification of micro organisms in line with methods and standards.
• Works safely in a microbiology laboratory with due consideration to themselves and others.
Bachelor of Science degree in Microbiology,
Industrial microbiology, Knowledge of Antimicrobials & preservatives
Because of the technical and scientific nature of the products being managed as well as the proven ability to manage the interpretation of technical documentation / concepts.
• Experience of working in the Microbiology laboratory, where independent design of experiments are required.
• Good knowledge of product development process and Microbiology requirements within Quality and compliance framework
• Strong communication, influencing and negotiations skills. Ability to facilitate alignment and collaboration across functions.
• 2 years experience working in an accredited Microbiology testing laboratory.
• Good knowledge of Good laboratory Practices and Quality management system standards
• Previous experience of enumeration and identification of microorganisms using biochemical techniques
• Excellent written/oral communication skills, interpersonal relationship building and team working skills
• Experience of working with laboratory electronic systems
• Relevant experience in product development, working with Consumer Health products
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative, think and work independently, problem-solve and work effectively in teams
SRG is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search