QC Associate 2
The QC Associate 2 position is a position that supports a variety of analytical disciplines within the Quality Control laboratory. The individual performs laboratory work as assigned to meet production schedules and project milestones and works within clearly defined routine processes. They are expected to follow procedures and have/gain familiarity with a wide variety of analytical methods and supporting data management processes. Analytical disciplines common to the laboratory include, but are not limited to: Chromatography, HPLC, Concentration determination, pH, Total Organic Carbon, Gel based protein separation, IEF, Plate Based Assay, and conductivity. The position primarily works with or may take direction from peers within the department. Individuals in this role are expected to have or quickly gain familiarity and build competency within the assigned disciplines.
Other duties and responsibilities include:
May be assigned to specific disciplines, but will support all necessary laboratory and assay functions, including housekeeping, safety, logbook use and maintenance, equipment use and maintenance, method execution and data review.
Responsible for a range of laboratory support ftnctions and procedures as assigned, developing proficiency in technical skills, disciplines, and procedures within assigned discipline area(s) Capable of delivering to assigned work schedule with attention to detail and accuracy
Gain competency through application of basic process improvement methodologies, such as lean lab and six sigma that are applicable to the QC lab environment
May review technical data and provide input to method revisions
Notifies management and initiates events (such as deviations) in the quality systems, with guidance from others
Actively contributes to housekeeping and equipment maintenance initiatives
Coordinates logistics associated with laboratory testing or supporting documentation within scope of assigned work
Technical writing (such as preparing reports and initiating deviations) from pre-existing templates with moderate supervision.
Capable of meeting schedule with RFT, high quality effort Where qualified, may act as an approved trainer.
Works within clearly defined processes and may be assigned more complex or difficult tasks
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Describe briefly the major activities of the position. Indicate the approximate percentage of time spent on each activity.
1. Laboratory sample analysis and data management- 90%
2. Other (training, projects, housekeeping, and related activities) — 10%
Attach a copy of current and proposed organization charts indicating the management, peer and subordinate relationships to this position.
This position reports directly to a supervisor or manager in the Quality Control Deparünent•, there are no direct reports or subordinate working relationships to this position.
List quantitative measure of the scope of position (i.e., staff supervised, approval authority, operating budget, sales volume, dollar value of projects, etc.)
This position supports the manufacturing, revenue, and profit plans as they relate to the on-time and error free analysis of product and equipment related samples in the Quality Control Laboratory.
Minimum Education Requirements
• BS/BA in science, preferably in chemisfry, biochemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, or related technical field
• 2-4 years related laboratory experience (0 years required with relevant MS degree)
Specific Skills and Competencies
• Possesses an understanding and knowledge of procedures and practices in assigned area Has developed basic technique skills and is capable of working within established procedures Capable of working with a moderate degree of supervision
• Familiarity with basic statistical tools to analyze data in relation to trends results
• Familiarity with data management processes such as Trackwise or LIMS or capability to learn basic use and navigation within the systems.
• Capable of identifying and escalating problems to superiors
• Can manage one or more tasks in a manner that promotes effective schedule adherence.
• Ability to manage changing priorities in a productive and positive manner
• Can communicate effectively with colleagues in deparünent, building trust and respect
• Ability to learn and incorporate lean lab and six sigma principles into daily work environment.
• Able to achieve Yellow Belt Certification within company six sigma program
SRG is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law.
your application has been submitted