The QC Associate 1 position is an entry level position that supports a variety of analytical disciplines within the Quality Control laboratory. The individual performs laboratory work as assigned to meet production schedules and project milestones and works within clearly defined routine processes. They are expected to follow procedures and gain familiarity with a wide variety of analytical methods and supporting data management processes. Analytical disciplines common to the laboratory include, but are not limited to: Chromatography, HPLC, Concentration determination, pH, Total Organic Carbon, Gel based protein separation, IEF, Plate Based Assay, and conductivity. The position primarily works with or may take direction from peers within the department. Individuals in this role are expected to gain familiarity and build capability within the assigned disciplines.
Other duties and responsibilities include:
• May be assigned to specific disciplines, but will support all necessary laboratory and assay functions, including housekeeping, safety, logbook use and maintenance, equipment use and maintenance, method execution and data review.
• Responsible for limited range of laboratory support functions and procedures as assigned, developing capability in basic technical skills, disciplines, and procedures within assigned discipline area(s)
• Capable of delivering to assigned work schedule with attention to detail and accuracy
• Gain familiarity with basic process improvement methodologies, learning and applying concepts of lean lab and six sigma that are applicable to the QC lab environment
• May review technical data
• Notifies management and initiates events (such as deviations) in the quality systems, with guidance from others
• Develops ownership of work space area, taking initiative to assure cleanliness and order of immediate and surrounding areas.
Minimum Education Requirements
• BS/BA in science, preferably in chemistry, biochemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, or related technical field
• This is an entry level position
• 0-2 years related laboratory experience Specific Skills and Competencies
• Can quickly gain understanding and knowledge of procedures and practices in assigned area
• Has basic skills training and capable of working within established procedures
• Capable of working with a moderate degree of supervision
• Familiarity with basic statistical tools to analyze data in relation to trends results
• Familiarity with data management processes such as Trackwise or LIMS or capability to learn basic use and navigation within the systems.
• Capable of identifying and escalating problems to superiors
• Time management and task organization skills that promote effective schedule adherence.
• Ability to accept changing priorities in a productive and positive manner
• Can clearly communicate status of assigned work to peers and management
• Ability to learn and incorporate lean lab and six sigma principles into daily work environment.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Describe briefly the major activities of the position. Indicate the approximate percentage of time spent on each activity.
1. Laboratory sample analysis and data management- 90%
2. Other (training, projects, housekeeping, and related activities)- 10%
SRG is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law.
your application has been submitted