The purpose of the Packaging Engineer role is to plan, organize, direct and implement capital and expense projects primarily for packaging which will provide the site cost reduction, capacity improvements and meet cGMP objectives. The Engineer will work closely with Brand and Corporate packaging groups to assists with pack design and packaging development activities and initiatives and will support as necessary production with troubleshooting on an as needed basis, and mentor technicians and mechanics to help build technical capability. The Packaging Engineer will also manage daily control over large projects or a number of smaller capital projects which must be delivered to time and cost with positive impact on quality. The packaging engineer will also manage any pack changes from concept to implementation.
Develops project from Customer Input Project Briefs, User Requirements and Functional Specifications. .
• Maintains agreed feedback systems with the site Engineering Manager to ensure regular technical input and communication throughout the projects and update site stakeholders on project progress in the appropriate forums.
• Supports the site’s technical or business processes to support the site’s Engineering Improvement programme and project ways of working.
• Assesses project resources for engineering capacity / capability and where required assess, appoint, control and direct specific Contractors and Suppliers.
• Develop Technical Change Controls for all projects managed as required.
• Provide technical support and guidance to the operations team and attend production meetings, operations improvement meetings, and other departmental meetings as required.
• Promotes a safe environment with equipment and process designs and comply with all GSK quality and safety procedures and national and local regulations.
• Support CAD files, program backups, and engineering documentation in an organized manner.
• Comply with all Quality and Safety regulations, local and corporate policies and procedures.
• Comply with all local, state and federal EHS laws and regulations, and all GSK Global EHS requirements.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Discipline or equivalent.
• Understanding of packaging design and packaging development of consumer products.
• Understanding of Packaging technology from a food / Pharma Industry.
• Understanding of packaging line integration.
• Proven track record delivering packaging related projects
• Knowledge of cGMP, OSHA, NEC and EPA regulations.
• Experience in an FDA regulated environment
• 10+ years experience in manufacturing environment
• At least 5 years experience in a Project Engineering/Management Field.
• Proven Track record in a related engineering discipline
• Working knowledge of capital project management techniques
• Working knowledge and experience in process monitoring and analytical techniques.
• Sound customer focus, team working, communication skills and organizational skills are required.
• Proficiency at leading projects in a team environment.
• Knowledge of equipment vendors and outside mechanical contractors.
• Working Knowledge and programming skills in the use of
• Programmable logic controllers
• Visual Basic
• HMI Software
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Excel 2007, Project 2007, and Word 2007.
• Written and oral communication skills
• Proficiency with AutoCAD
• Packaging Development Experience
• Experience in FMEA/FMECA or other root cause techniques.
• Experience in managing engineering and change related projects
• Ability to influence and manage teams.
At least 3 years of experience working in a regulated industry
SRG is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law.
your application has been submitted