Quality Control Technician
The Quality Team is responsible for supporting the Production Team in ensuring that Diageo's products
are produced in compliance with TTB and Company regulations, and that these products meet the
expectations of our discerning consumer base. This role as part of the Quality Team will play a key role
in delivering on the quality and food safety commitments of the organization in ensuring that Diageo's
high standards are maintained. As a secondary function, they will be expected to gain an understanding
of the calibration, maintenance and basic repair of the testing equipment utilized for quality analysis in
the laboratory and in production. They are expected to contribute their technical expertise to solve
problems for the plant operations and participate in cross-functional work-teams. Quality Technicians
are expected to provide support through the duration of plant operations, which may require work
schedules to extend beyond the standard length of an operational shift (i.e. 12 hours vs. 8).
This position will work closely with the other Quality Technician and Operations Team Members to
support in the accurate analysis of our products and ingredients through the use of testing equipment.
This will require them to be able to quickly analyze a problem and provide timely remedies to ensure a
continuous flow of production. This position requires an interaction with all levels of the organization.
The ability to communicate effectively and to multi-task and prioritize their workload is critical to being
successful in this role.
Purpose of Role:
As a member of the plant quality team, the Quality Technician is responsible for ensuring that
production maintains the established standards and quality control systems outlined by Diageo to safely
produce quality cases of our various distilled products that meet Diageo's commercially accepted
criteria. As a vital member of the team, this specific position will focus primarily on:
• Providing quality leadership on the shift, including participation in RCPS and CI initiatives
• Quickly analyze a problem and provide timely remedies to ensure a continuous flow of
• Perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting of instrumentation.
• Performing microbiological testing of water, low-proof products and ingredients in accordance
with company defined protocols
• Performing process audits to monitor compliance to Global Risk Management and North
• Performing inspections of raw materials to ensure conformance to product specifications
• Performing sensory analysis of in process products, finished products and ingredients
• Performing timely analytical testing on in process products, finished products and ingredients to
ensure adherence to product specifications
• Document procedures to ensure consistency in the use and operation of test equipment
• Define the requirements and train Quality Technicians to perform basic troubleshooting of
• Provide Quality Technician coverage as required, which may extend beyond standard
operational shift (i.e. 12 or 16 hours vs. 8)
Last Date Revised: March 2018
• Deliver on Quality objectives as assigned
Qualifications and Experience Required:
• 3-5 years of analytical experience in a manufacturing lab environment and a degree in an
• Microbiology experience, specifically in identification and yeast propagation is desired
• Experience in beer or soda packaging is a plus.
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to analyze issues and provide logical resolutions
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize their workload is critical to being successful in this role
• Strong communication and writing skills
• Strong organization skills
SRG is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search