Senior Biochemical Assay Development Scientist Location: Cambridge, UK.Salary: £20/hr Contract: 12 months
SRG are working with a leading Pharmaceutical Company in Cambridge who are looking for a Senior Biochemical Assay Development Scientist to join them for initially 12 months. We are looking for candidates who have the ambition to learn, grow and develop a career within Enzymology as this role has a very strong chance of going permanent.
The Biochemical Assay Development group in Discovery Sciences, is responsible for the generation of novel biochemical assays to support projects in all phases of the drug discovery pipeline.
There is an exciting opportunity for you to join the group as a lab-based scientist and be a key member of the team, developing biochemical assays for compound screening and mechanism-of-action studies in support of Oncology drug discovery projects.
- Ph.D in Biology, Pharmacology, Biochemistry, or a related discipline; or a BSc/MSc degree with significant relevant experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
- Expertise in the design, development and validation of biochemical assays for compound profiling and screening applications; together with an understanding of the application of biochemical assays in delivering mechanistic insights into compound mode of action.
- A practical understanding of a wide range of biochemical assay methods and technologies (for example fluorescence, luminescence, mass spectrometry and biophysical techniques) as applied to a range of biological targets.
- A practical understanding of assay optimisation, including statistical tools such as factorial experimental design, to enable the generation of robust, reproducible and sensitive assays.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, good scientific judgement and communication skills.
- Research experience in Oncology and epigenetics.
- Experiencetise in mass spectrometry.
- Cell culture and cell assay development expertise.
- Hands-on experience of screening compounds in biochemical and cell assays
- Excellent team working and networking skills with experience of interacting effectively across the interfaces of discipline, culture, and expertise.
- Experience of working in external collaborations
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity to gain valuable experience and develop your career.
If you think this opportunity is for you then apply now or contact Umul on 0203 096 4529 or send your CV to email@example.com
your application has been submitted