JOB TITLE: Technical Director
LOCATION: Farnborough / Field based (travel required to specific sites)
CONTRACT: 6 Months + (likely extended)
SALARY: £85,000 - £100,000 p/a (negotiable)
Synergy SRG are currently looking for a Technical Director to lead the scientific direction of our partnership with a leading diagnostics testing organisation (linked to the current COVID-19 climate) to ensure they are able to meet the future demands and sales pipeline. They will be the external facing scientific expert for the business relating to COVID-19 testing, supporting business growth by providing expert commentary and customer support. The Technical Director will ensure the right scientific processes are in place and that the most effective equipment, assays, consumables and solutions are used. They will have a passion for driving quality into the business which meets the high profile customer demands.
- Provide strategic technical direction for the client's business
- Advise on technology and equipment that meets the long term demands of the business
- Drive Root Cause Analysis of any issues and implement corrective action plans
- Accreditation and regulatory guidance and implementation with the regulatory bodies.
- Complete gap analysis on current processes and systems
- Advise on technology and equipment (including supply chain and logistics constraints) to improve productivity & capacity
- Advise on commercial proposition
- Identify future lab sites (rental costs/prime locations for logistics)
- Lab fit out recommendations
- Identify & recommend sample management & LIMS system
- Identify and drive productivity improvements including but not limited to process and equipment upgrades.
- Oversee the Standard Operating Processes for the business to ensure quality and efficiency expectations are met.
- Educated to degree level in a science related subjected
- Experience of leading the technical development within Diagnostics / Screening using rt-PCR
- Experience of working with c.GxP systems / Diagnostics / Forensics or Food Hygiene analysis is desired
- Practical experience in a commercial laboratory providing scientific services
- Excellent project management skills and experience
- Strong people management experience
- Experience of driving continuous improvement initiatives
- Able to build meaningful and lasting relationships.
- Customer focussed and commercially minded
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload
- Ability to solve problems and create solutions
Apply online, or call Nathan McCarron to discuss on 0161 868 2234.
your application has been submitted