SRG are working with a global leader in the chemicals industry to help them find an Experimental/Process Chemist for a one year contract.This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a renowned name and contribute to key projects.
You would be part of a group developing new processes in the laboratory to improve the environmental footprint of aqueous effluent and waste from existing active ingredient manufactures.
- Plan and carry out chemical development work on new and existing processes in the laboratory to meet targets on reducing the impact of aqueous waste and effluent
- Analytical testing as required
- Test the impact of process changes on bio-treatability of aqueous effluent
- Liaise with process chemists
- Contribute ideas for specific projects
- Write up and share results across all levels of the organisation
- Prepare and give presentations of results as required
- Degree in Chemistry and/or significant experience working in a relevant laboratory based role
- Comprehensive practical laboratory and analytical skills
- Ability to work in multi-functional teams with strong communication skills
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative HPLC and GC
- Understanding of biotreatment process and measures such as COD and BOD would be highly advantageous
- Practical and/or theoretical knowledge of extraction technologies
This is a great opportunity for a Chemist looking for a new challenge and where they can contribute ideas and knowledge on key projects.Please apply online to find out more!
your application has been submitted