SRG are recruiting for a Senior R&D Polymer Chemist based in Lancashire
Title - Senior R&D Chemist - Polymers Location - LancashireSalary - £28,000 - £35,000 (dependant on experience)
My client is a leading manufacturer of quality polymers for a variety of customers ranging from start-up distributors to large multinational organisations. Their polymers can be found in dental and biomedical products, civil & military aircraft, submarine cockpits, paints, lubricants & mobile phones. As part of an ongoing expansion they are now seeking to hire a Senior R&D Chemist to lead product development at their Lancashire site.
BenefitsThis position offers the opportunity to join a successful & expanding family business, with a pathway to a management position in time.
Role / Description
This positon will be responsible for managing R&D projects from concept through to full scale manufacture. Key responsibilities will include:
- Manage & lead R&D projects, liaising with senior management to plan future projects.
- Work on specialist polymer products for key clients, manufacturing samples as required.
- Keep detailed project notes & records, delivering updates & preparing full analysis for internal or customer review.
- Supervise the work of another R&D Chemist, ensuring work is planned & organised with clear & focused objectives.
- Qualified in Chemistry, Polymer science or a related field.
- A proven history of R&D / Product development relating to polymers.
- Experience of acrylics is desirable
- Confident in producing & delivering technical reports both internally & to clients.
- Highly organised, motivated with the ability to manage projects from concept to completion.
Working hours08:00 - 17:00 Monday to Friday
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Nathan at Nathan.Fairhurst@srgtalent.com . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Nathan on 0161 868 2227.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit https://www.srgtalent.com/jobs to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: R&D, Polymer, acrylics, Lancashire, Development Chemist,
your application has been submitted
Back to job search