JOB TITLE: Digital Electronics Design Engineer
LOCATION: Home Based initially, moving to on site in Sterling
SRG are currently working with a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. They are looking for a Digital Electronics Design Engineer to join them on permanent basis. You will report to the Electronics Design Manager, and working as part of the hardware engineering team, the role will be responsible for driving the development of Point of Care (POC) instrument design from the lab based prototype stage to manufacturing design transfer.
- Be aware of project timelines and contribute to the electronics sections of the project plan with relevant tasks and estimated timescales.
- Create detailed design specifications based on input from product requirements specifications and prototype testing and characterisation.
- Maintenance of existing CPLD and digital design architecture.
- Implementing new FPGA/CPLD designs using a mixture of existing and newly created code
- Using modern simulation and verification techniques to create comprehensive testing/simulation environments.
- Create robust characterisation and test methods to set tolerances and limits on key technical blocks of the instrument design.
- Provide innovative and robust design solutions to identified problem / high risk design areas.
- Ensure that the key functional technical blocks of the instrument are developed, tested and iterated in a robust and rapid manner.
- Ability to develop and execute the required verification and validation activities needed to demonstrate the electronics design has met specification.
- Use or develop competent knowledge in the required electrical regulations applicable to the development of medical devices.
- Responsible for ensuring the design complies with regulatory standards including EN60601, EN61010, ISO13485 and ISO14971. Requirements:Essential:
- Degree qualified in electronic engineering.
- Practical experience in digital electronics design using microcontrollers, CPLD/FPGA, Memory devices, discrete logic.
- Practical deign experience with system on chip devices.
- Practical design experience with FPGA/CPLD (Intel, Xilinx).
- Practical Verilog/VHDL design experience.
- Experience of FPGA/CPLD simulation, timing analysis and verification.
- Ability to translate requirements into design specifications.
- Practical experience of design with SPI/Quad SPI, I2C, USB.
- Practical experience in board bring up and debug using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Experience with team- based version control systems for code development.
- Digital fault finding and signal integrity analysis.
- Practical experience with digital design tools (Quartus Prime, Modelsim).Desirable:
- Experience of working in the medical device industry and the application of CE marking directives and applicable device standards.
- Ability to implement designs in a schematic capture package (e.g. Altium) and generate the associated BOM/s.
- Experience of programming languages such as C, C++, Python.
- DSP design experience.
- Practical design experience with MIPI camera serial interface (CSI).
- Familiarity with PCB layout techniques for high speed digital design.
Apply online, or call Nathan McCarron to discuss on 0161 868 2234.
your application has been submitted