Polymer Technologist required, based in Merseyside. Requiring proven industrial experience in the development and formulation of elastomers, polymer materials or coating technology.
Title: Polymer Technologist
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a world-leading manufacturer of high performance products who supply global markets. Due to internal promotion, their technical team in Merseyside is now looking to hire a Polymer Technologist. This will be a key role in driving the R&D strategy forward to meet the needs of current and future markets, it will focus on multiple projects developing new materials, particularly elastomeric and polymer coatings for niche applications. This would be an excellent career opportunity for someone with experience in the R&D of elastomer, polymer or speciality coating technologies.
Benefits: A small technical team in a dynamic, busy environment, with opportunities to lead projects. Very good potential for career development and opportunities to travel internationally to visit customers. 37.5 working hours per week, 8.00am - 4.30pm, Monday to Friday. 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days. Employer pension contribution up to 8%.
- Planning and undertaking materials development and formulation to meet bespoke customer requirements
- Conducting research and analysis to inform product development
- Reformulating and modifying processes to meet the technical demands of various applications
- Improving profitability through cost engineering and process improvement
- Carrying out plant trials on site and with customers
- Liaising with raw material suppliers and customers to inform development projects, resolve issues and provide effective technical support
- Proven industrial experience in development/formulation of elastomers, polymers, coatings, silicones, rubbers, composites, adhesives, latex or similar materials
- Able to apply Design of Experiment methodology in development work
- Innovative mind set and strong problem-solving skills
- Able to manage own projects and adapt to changing priorities
- Must be self-motivated
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: development, develop, R&D, research & development, formulate, formulation, formulating, elastomer, rubber, latex, silicone, coating, polymer, composite, adhesive, thermoplastic, chemistry, polymer science, rubber technology
your application has been submitted