Multiple Senior-level Materials Chemist positions available, based in the Midlands. Requiring extensive experience in the research, development and qualification of new materials and technologies. This may be synthesis, formulation or manufacture of materials including elastomers, rubbers, phenolic resins, specialist coatings, composites, refractories, energetics, binders, curatives, plasticisers, catalysts, fuel, batteries, specialist polymers.
Title: Senior Materials Chemist
Salary: Dependent on experience
SRG is working with a highly innovative company developing and manufacturing a range of complex technological systems with applications in multiple sectors. With a global market for their technologies, they are looking to expand the current team and hiring several senior-level Materials Chemists to be based at their site in the Midlands. These roles will be focused on research, development, qualification and manufacture of new materials but will be shaped around the expertise of the successful individuals. Ideal candidates will have proven experience in R&D of new materials - i.e. synthesis, formulation or scale up of materials including elastomers, rubbers, phenolic resins, specialist coatings, composites, refractories, energetics, binders, curatives, plasticisers, catalysts, fuel, batteries, specialist polymers.
Benefits: Several senior positions available, leading individual and departmental projects. Opportunities to lead teams, advance expertise and shape technical strategy. 37 working hours Monday to Friday, 8am - 4.30pm with a 1pm finish on Fridays. 25 days holiday plus statutory days. Enhanced pension, subsidised canteen, discounts and perks available.
Role / Description
- Providing leadership and expertise in one (or more) materials to inform development and associated testing
- Planning and undertaking research and development of new materials and manufacturing processes
- Evaluating new materials and processes, particularly for replacement of obsolete raw materials or products
- Undertaking synthesis/formulation/testing to product new or improved materials to design requirement
- Coordinating with and developing networks of external suppliers, test houses, technology partners or experts as required
- Monitoring industry/technological advances, trends and markets in relevant areas
- Supporting project teams with material development and assessment issues
- Troubleshooting manufacturing and scale up issues
- Producing high quality technical reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Minimum degree in Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Materials Science or similar
- Significant experience in R&D and scale up of materials including elastomers, rubbers, phenolic resins, specialist coatings, composites, refractories, energetics, binders, curatives, plasticisers, catalysts, fuel, batteries or specialist polymers
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong technical mindset, able to use innovative thinking and apply lateral problem-solving
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: chemist, scientist, technologist, R&D, development, synthesis, formulation, qualification, testing, scale up, materials, materials science, polymer chemistry, chemistry, elastomers, rubbers, phenolic resins, specialist coatings, composites, refractories, energetics, binders, curatives, plasticisers, catalysts, fuel, batteries, polymers, technology, aerospace, automotive, chemical systems, Midlands
your application has been submitted