Technical Manager required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring a degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science, Materials Science (or similar) with proven experience in R&D and technical support, preferably with construction materials and products - adhesives, sealants, coatings, paint, binders, silicone or similar
Title: Technical Manager
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: Circa £40,000 per annum (negotiable depending on experience)
SRG is working with a well-established company who manufacture a vast range of products catering to the construction industry, with a strong record of success. Hoping to continue that success, they are now looking for a new Technical Manager to lead their development and QC operations on site in West Yorkshire. The role will oversee a small team of chemists, manage product improvement and development projects and provide technical support internally and externally. It would be brilliant opportunity for someone with a background in leading development projects, accustomed to technical documentation and associated requirements. Management experience is not necessary but would be welcomed.
Benefits: A highly successful business who have experienced continued growth over the last decade, offering an opportunity to lead people and projects at a managerial level. 22 days holiday, increasing with length of service, plus 8 bank holidays. Pension scheme and private health care. Working hours of 8am to 4.30pm, Monday to Thursday, with a 3.30pm finish on Fridays. Som flexibility of start and finish times.
Role / Description
- Managing a small team of experienced development and QC chemists
- Leading projects in product development and product improvement, including value engineering, and product investigation
- Supporting Quality Control and interaction with Production
- Producing technical and safety data sheets which are fit for purpose,
- Ensuring test methods and lab procedures meet technical and quality standards
- Providing technical guidance and support to internal functions including Marketing, Sales and Production
- Providing technical advice and support to customers with queries and complaints
- Staying abreast of competitor activity, relevant legislation and industry standards, including COSHH, REACH, Construction Products Directive and Biocidal Products Directive
- Liaising with suppliers to track trends and developments in raw materials
- Attending industry forums and networking events to maintain awareness of industry/legislation/technical updates
- Minimum degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science, Material Science or relevant discipline
- Demonstrable experience of hands-on R&D in construction products or similar, e.g. adhesives, coatings, paints, polymers, sealants, binders, silicones
- Currently working at a senior, supervisory or managerial level
- People management experience is beneficial but not essential
- Experience of producing technical and safety data sheets, interpreting technical standards and associated regulatory requirements
- Strong, adaptable communication skills, able to confidently make and justify decisions and take a pragmatic approach to problem-solving
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: adhesive, coating, paint, sealant, filler, polymer, laboratory, development, formulation, chemist, chemistry, product development, R&D, degree, BSc, MChem, MSc, PhD, polymer science, West Yorkshire, production, technical support, manager, leader, technical manager
your application has been submitted