Job Title:Microbiologist/Fermentation Scientist
Pay Rate:£14.53 to £21.79 an hour
Job Title: Microbiologist / Fermentation Scientist
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Contract: 12 Months
Pay Rate: £14.53 to £21.79 an hour (circa £27,000 to £41,000 p.a.) DOE
SRG are working with a global leading agrochemical company based in Bracknell. They are currently seeking a Microbiologist/Fermentation Scientist to join their well-established Research & Development facility, supporting business critical projects.
Your work will support crop protection research using fermentation to produce recombinant and natural products. The work will involve culturing a variety of microorganisms from shake flasks up to multi-litre stirred tank bioreactors for screening, process development and research scale production.
- Fermentation for biomass production (up to 350L bioreactor scale).
- Research and development of fermentation bioprocesses.
- Improve fermentation for increased yield of biomolecules for future industrial processing.
- Initial downstream processing and related analyses.
- Educated to minimum BSc/MSc level in a biological, biochemical or bioengineering related discipline.
- Strong practical skills in microbiology: aseptic technique, management of cell banks, culturing of microorganisms, expression of recombinant products, harvesting and cell separation techniques, light microscopy and other basic analytical techniques.
- An understanding of the critical requirements for healthy microbial growth.
- Able to contribute to the design of experiments for the development of high yielding fermentation processes.
- Practical experience in operating bioreactors is highly advantageous, however training will be provided as required.
Apply online as to be considered for this fantastic opportunity. For more information on the role contact Tolu Kuforiji on 0161 868 2248.
PLEASE NOTE: Interviews are expected to take place from week commencing 13th July 2020.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search