Technical Analyst, Laboratory Systems
Attractive salary and package
- Technical Analyst will be based in the R&D facility, in the Scientific Computing group.
- The candidate should be experienced in both laboratory instrumentation and scientific software support and comfortable working in a highly dynamic and innovative drug discovery and research organization.
- This role represents the highest hands on level of support for commercial and custom-developed lab equipment as well as lifecycle ownership of enterprise wide and stand-alone software for scientific data acquisition, analysis, LIMS and other Informatics systems.
- Successful candidates will have the opportunity to contribute high impact and strategic support and will be expected to take on technology guidance responsibilities.
- Extensive cross platform hardware and software support preferably at a pharmaceutical, biotech, or other scientific laboratory environment.
- Extensive experience of laboratory equipment from Waters/Thermo/Perkin Elmer/Agilent, etc.
- Advanced experience with chromatography sooftware? (Empower 3), high content screening (MetaXpress), Data management (NuGenesis/OMERO), and Electronic lab notebooks (IDBS and custom solutions).
- Proven track record of instrument and controller software/hardware troubleshooting and data integration.
- Senior level experience in troubleshooting scientific software for instrument control and data analysis.
- Strong skills/experience with Incident Management, Change Management, Configuration Management, Service Request, Asset Management, Knowledge Management, Project & Demand Management.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical and drug development process is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to research and diagnose equipment and system failures and triage with vendors as needed.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you please apply online or contact Bal Panesar on 0121 728 8455 if you have any questions.
your application has been submitted