Job Title: Automation Scientist
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Contract: 12 Months
Pay Rate: £17.09 to £25.64 (£32,000 to £48,000 p.a.) DOE
SRG is working with a global-leading agrochemical company based in Berkshire who produce a range of crop protection products including fungicides, herbicides and insecticides.
They are currently seeking an Automation Scientist to design, implement and optimise the automation of workflows for the development of bioprocesses. They are looking for someone with strong automation experience with Tecan Evoware or running other liquid handling robots/automated equipment with an aptitude for programming.
- Develop, test and validate Tecan scripts (Freedom Evoware) to support workflows for assays, screens and small-scale unit operations.
- Transfer automated workflows to internal and other users via SOPs, training and on-going support.
- Work collaboratively with other scientists in the group to develop automated solutions to meet customer needs such as improving throughput, screen conditions or reducing hands-on time.
- Maintaining liquid handling equipment and general maintenance of lab space and equipment.
- Educated to BSc/MSc in a life science, biological science, biochemical or bioprocess engineering related discipline with industry experience in automation.
- Background in the expression of recombinant products or bioprocessing unit operations (upstream or downstream).
- Experience with liquid handlers, plate readers and automation software. Experience with Tecan liquid handlers, in particular the EVO series, is highly desirable.
- Software programming skills for operating robots. Knowledge of other programming languages highly desirable.
- Good grasp of experimental design and execution. Knowledge and experience of using statistical analysis tools and DoE for optimisation is advantageous.
Don't miss out on this opportunity and apply online today! For more information on the role please contact Tolu Kuforiji on 0161 868 2248.
your application has been submitted