Polymer Chemist required, based in Cheshire West. Requiring a PhD in Polymer Science, Chemistry or similar and post-doc OR industrial experience of producing new polymer materials through lab scale synthesis/polymerisation processes
Title: Polymer Chemist
Location: Cheshire West
Salary: £30,000 - £34,000 per annum + benefits
SRG is working a well-known and well-respected company who develop speciality chemicals and additives for downstream chemical industries. With a genuine drive for innovation, they are now looking for a Polymer Chemist to join one of their focused R&D teams in developing new polymer additives for household and personal care products. Using current literature and trends, you will develop synthetic routes for new functional polymers, manage projects and collaborate closely with other R&D teams. This would be an excellent opportunity for a PhD Polymer Chemist with post-doctoral or industrial experience of polymerisation processes and a creative, forward thinking mindset.
Benefits: Multinational chemicals business with a strong focus on innovation and a vibrant community of R&D scientists. 38 working hours, 8.40am-5.00pm Monday to Friday with some flexibility on start and finish times. 25 days holiday as standard plus 8 statutory days, increasing with length of service. Enhanced pension scheme, private healthcare or health cash plan, share save scheme and annual company bonus. Opportunities to develop as an expert in your particular field.
Role / Description
- Conducting and managing projects to develop new polymers via synthetic polymerisation methods
- Designing and carrying out lab-based experiments, synthesis and characterisation of new polymer products
- Working closely with the Applications Chemist to assess product viability and performance
- Using literature, market trends and industry conferences to inform development of synthetic routes, reaction mechanisms and polymerisation methods
- Establishing test methods, interpreting resulting analysis and reporting on findings
- Liaising with other internal R&D teams to share information, collaborate and contribute to parallel or long term R&D projects.
- Minimum PhD in Polymer Science or Chemistry - must have significant polymer focus
- Hands-on experience of organic synthesis or polymerisation techniques to develop new polymers from post-doctorate or industrial environment
- Practical knowledge of radical or condensation polymerisation in particular is beneficial
- Passion for innovation, forward thinking and able to demonstrate creativity in work
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: PhD, chemistry, polymer, polymerisation, functional polymers, speciality, organic, synthesis, synthetic, reaction, characterisation, laboratory, research, development, project, thesis, doctorate, post-doctorate, experiment, radical polymerisation, condensation polymerisation, acrylate, acrylamide, polyacrylate, polyacrylamide
your application has been submitted