GC-MS Analyst required, based in Merseyside. Requiring proven experience in the use of GC-MS for analysis in an industrial laboratory. Operational knowledge of calibration and maintenance of GC-MS equipment also essential. Immediate start.
Title: GC-MS Analyst
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Term: 3 month contract, then rolling monthly - Immediate Start
SRG is working exclusively with a successful manufacturing company who operate a busy analytical laboratory. Due to imminent updates in legislation, they are now looking for a GC-MS Analyst to join the lab on a contract basis to continue providing their customers with first-class analysis. The role is an immediate start, so the ideal candidate should be available now or with short notice, and will have proven skills and experience in the operation of GC-MS equipment for analysis, along with operational knowledge of calibration and maintenance.
Benefits: An opportunity to work in a well-equipped and modern laboratory in a well-established business. 40 working hours per week, Monday to Friday, with flexible start and finish times. Offering 25 days annual holiday allowance, plus 8 statutory days (pro-rata).
Role / Description
- Conducting analysis of raw materials and final products using predominantly GC-MS, with additional use of GC, ICP-OES, NMR and wet chemistry techniques as required
- Conducting maintenance and troubleshooting on analytical equipment, particularly GC-MS
- Validating new and improved methods and procedures for testing on GC-MS
- Managing the maintenance, calibration and service schedule for instrumentation
- Reviewing, trending and presenting analytical results for continuous improvement
- Training other members of staff in the use of analytical equipment and test methods, where needed
- Supporting the maintenance of laboratory supplies and chemical stocks
- Liaising with equipment suppliers and contractors for updates, repairs or troubleshooting purposes
- Previous industrial experience and good understanding of using GC-MS instrumentation for analysis
- Operational knowledge and experience of calibrating and maintaining GC-MS instrumentation, e.g. column changes, system checks, filter changes, etc.
- Self-motivated and pro-active, with a willingness to learn
- Able to take ownership of tasks and work in a fast-paced environment
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: GC-MS, GC/MS, GCMS, gas chromatography, coupled, gas chromatography-mass spectrometry, GC, testing, analysis, analyst, analytical, maintenance, calibration, column changes, contract testing, pharmaceutical, flavours, fragrance, food, beverages, environmental, Agilent, Thermo Fisher, Shimadzu, PerkinElmer
your application has been submitted