Sample Preparation Technician Contract: 6 Month AssignmentLocation: Cambridge Salary: £15 - £17 per hourWorking days are: Tuesday to Saturday - shifts will be between 7am and 8pm
SRG are working with a leading Pharmaceutical Company in Cambridge who are looking for a Sample Preparation Technician to join them for initially 6 months.
The Sample Preparation Technician is responsible for confirming that the human biological specimens delivered to the designated assessment area are accounted for on the specimen manifest.
- Removal of specimen transport tubes from kit packaging according to the safety guidelines outlined in COVID-19 Specimen Receiving SOP, while using necessary PPE.
- Identifying samples that may be compromised or do not meet established acceptability criteria according to defined processes and procedures will also be a critical part of this role (e.g. not accurately labelled, open tubes, empty tubes etc).
- Sort samples as needed into racks, pipette samples into 96 well plates, complete viral inactivation steps and enter required information in a LIMS system.
- Work in BSL2 lab with previous experience of aseptic technique preferred.
- Work with human biological specimens. HepB Vaccination advised.
- Work with samples which may contain SARS-Cov-2.
- Attention to detail to ensure chain of custody of all samples
- Working and communicating across a fast-paced cross organisational team.
- Rigorously following SOPs.
- Alternative pattern shift work
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity to gain valuable experience and develop your career.
If you think this opportunity is for you then apply now or contact Umul on 0203 096 4529 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
your application has been submitted