Job Title: Medical Device Development Engineer
Contract: 12 Months
Pay Rate: £18 to £27 p/h PAYE (circa £35,000 to £51,000 p.a.)
£20.32 to £30 p/h LTD or Umbrella
SRG is working with a global leading biopharmaceutical company with a large portfolio of medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
They are currently seeking a Medical Device Development Engineer at their site in Cambridge to develop drug delivery devices (mainly injectables). You will evaluate and assess designs from 3rd party suppliers as well as design test rig models using 3D CAD.
- Produce container drawings and test rig models using 3D CAD.
- Modify and develop 3D CAD & drawings from non-native CAD systems.
- Collect user data to evaluate, approve and set requirement specifications for external suppliers (UK and abroad).
- Analyse supplier designs to identify areas critical to function, likely failure modes and design sensitivities.
- Perform engineering testing (laboratory-based) to evaluate design proposals and establish functional performance characteristics.
- Hold a degree in Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent engineering degree.
- Demonstrable experience of working on design and development for commercial projects.
- Experience in end user assessment of devices, assessing specifications and verifying for final approval.
- Previous experience of working in a regulated environment such as medical devices, aerospace engineering, automotive engineering or metal/plastic moulding components.
- Interest in analysing and troubleshooting devices, carrying out root cause analyse and providing solutions.
Applications typically close within days once enough applications are received so apply online today to avoid disappointment. For more information on the role call Tolu Kuforiji on 0161 868 2248.
your application has been submitted