An exciting opportunity has risen for a Senior Downstream Process Scientist to join an innovative organisation that develop and commercialise biologics products and processes in the North East. They are looking to hire following a number of successful project proposals along with an ever increasing project pipeline.
Job Title: Senior Scientist (Downstream Process Development)
Vacancy type: Permanent
Area: North East
SRG is working with an innovative Biologics Organisation who are expanding their Downstream Processing team. The role is a critical part of the business and is responsible for leading projects to develop and optimise recovery and purification processes for the manufacture of biopharmaceuticals such as proteins, viral vectors and nucleic-acid based products and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Independent planning and execution and interpretation of complex laboratory experiments.
- Design, optimisation, scale-up and characterisation of processing methods such as centrifugation, filtration, affinity chromatography, IEX and HI.
- Using expert knowledge to assist in translating business unit strategy into practice through the delivery of plans to achieve business unit objectives.
- Identifying new technical developments and trends, initiating the creation of new technological innovations/applications.
- Educated to a BSc, MSc or PhD level in a Scientific or engineering discipline and a suitable amount of industry experience.
- Possess significant technical expertise in purification and downstream processing and have compelling evidence of complex technical problem solving.
- Significant process development experience.
- Vast experience of purification techniques for therapeutic biologics for example chromatography and associated analysis.
- Full awareness of the regulatory environment.
- Experience in leading technical project delivery, establishing innovative solutions to solve industrial challenges.
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you are interested in this role and require more information, please contact Grace Loughrey on 0161 868 2212 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
your application has been submitted