An opportunity for a Biological Scientist to join a highly innovative organisation who collaborate with partners to develop and commercialise biologic products and processes.
Job Title: Downstream Development Scientist - Junior, Mid and Senior
Duration: 12M initial contract
Location: County Durham
SRG are working with a highly innovative organisation who partner with scientific to develop and commercialise biologic products and processes. They are looking to add in 3 Downstream Process Scientists to join team at a Junior, Mid and Senior Level.
You will be developing an expertise in downstream processing of biopharmaceuticals, such as; proteins, viral vectors, nucleic-acid based products expressed in mammalian, bacterial or cell-free systems.
- Be involved / lead project experimentation to develop and optimise recovery and purification processes for the manufacture of biopharmaceutical products
- Understanding of protein biochemistry; stability, folding, degradation and aggregation
- Development of chromatography-based processing methods (affinity, IEX, HIC) and tangential flow filtration (TFF) techniques
- Use of AKTA expression systems
- Application of analysis of proteins or other biologics
- Ensure work is to cGMP and maintain documented compliance with HSE
- Documentation writing, data interpretation and statistical analysis
- Assist the scale up of downstream processes to provide proof of successful process development
- cGMP experience in a bio/pharmaceutical manufacturing or R&D setting
- Experience in protein purification
- Experience of using AKTA expression systems and column chromatography is highly desirable
- For Senior Scientist, project lead experience is necessary
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Harrison Bailey at Harrison.email@example.com. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Harrison on 0161 868 2238.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: GMP, Good Manufacturing Practice, USP, Downstream Process Development, Downstream Process Scientist, Process Development, AAV, Gene Therapy, TFF, Tangential Flow, AKTA, Protein Purification, Protein Characterisation, Column Chromatography, IEX, IHC
your application has been submitted