An opportunity for a Biological Scientist to join a highly innovative organisation who collaborate with partners to develop and commercialise biologic products and processesJob Title: Upstream Development Scientist - Junior, Mid and Senior
Duration: 12M initial contract
Location: County Durham
SRG are working with a highly innovative organisation who partner with scientific to develop and commercialise biologic products and processes. They are looking to add in 2 Upstream Process Scientists to join team at a Junior and Mid Level.
You will be contributing to the project work through development, research, design and testing in line with project requirements. You will also be developing an expertise in upstreaming processing of biopharmaceuticals, such as; proteins, viral vectors, nucleic-acid based products expressed in mammalian, bacterial or cell-free systems.
- Be involved / lead project experimentation around production of therapeutic biologics
- Focus on the design, development and scale-down/scale-up of upstream processes
- Mammalian cell culture using reusable or single use bioreactors
- Application of analysis of proteins or other biologics
- Ensure work is to cGMP and maintain documented compliance with HSE
- Documentation writing, data interpretation and statistical analysis
- Scale up of upstream process to provide proof of successful processes developmentRequirements:
- cGMP experience in a bio/pharmaceutical manufacturing or R&D setting
- Experience in Mammalian, Bacterial or Viral culture
- Experience in using bioreactors is highly desirable
- For the Senior role, experience in project leading is required.
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Harrison Bailey at Harrison.firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Harrison on 0161 868 2238.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: GMP, Good Manufacturing Practice, USP, Upstream Process Development, Upstream Process Scientist, Process Development, Cell Culture, Mammalian Cell, AAV, Gene Therapy, Biotherapeutics, Biologics, Bioreactor
your application has been submitted