A central role in applying metabolomics and/or proteomics to accelerate the development of a range of cell and gene therapy products.
Biomarker Discovery Scientist (Metabolomics/Proteomics)
Based in London
£32,000 - £39,000 + Excellent Benefits
Do you have significant experience in the design and execution of LC-MS studies to identify protein or metabolite biomarkers?
Would you like to work for an influential and successful Biotechnology company at the cutting edge of ATMP therapeutic development? My client, a biotechnology company based in central London who are driving the cutting edge of research into cell & gene therapies forwards, are recruiting a Biomarker Discovery Scientist (Metabolomics/Proteomics) to join their Industrialisation Group. The purpose of the group is to take therapies across the translational gap into clinical trials by delivering solutions to problems encountered during this process.
Purpose of the Biomarker Discovery Scientist (Metabolomics/Proteomics) Role:
The purpose of this role is to apply in-depth technical expertise across a range of projects to support the development of a nascent biomarker discovery capability. Working in multidisciplinary teams, the Biomarker Discovery Scientist (Metabolomics/Proteomics) will play a central role in applying metabolomics and/or proteomics to accelerate the development of a range of cell and gene therapy products. They will also be an integral part of a wider team supporting the integration of Process Analytical Technologies to develop next generation manufacturing platforms.
Key Accountabilities of the Biomarker Discovery Scientist (Metabolomics/Proteomics):
- Support the establishment of an LC-MS platform, including library creation, to enable discovery of metabolomic and proteomics biomarkers
- Development, validation/qualification of state-of-the-art mass spectrometry assays in support of mechanistic, prognostic and diagnostic analyses in variety of biological matrices
- Apply expert knowledge of metabolomics datasets to characterise and optimise cell culture processes
- Perform data analysis on acquired datasets and collaborate with statisticians and data scientists to deliver results
- Contribute to validation/qualification protocols and reports and present results to internal and external Collaborators
- Adhere to established Standard Operating Procedures, industry practice and regulatory guidance as appropriate
- Maintain accurate records and manage data in line with company policies
- Demonstrate competency in troubleshooting, optimisation and implementation of challenging and innovative LC-MS assays
To be considered for the Biomarker Discovery Scientist (Metabolomics/Proteomics) role, you'll need the following skills and experience;
- PhD in biochemistry / chemistry / cell biology with a strong emphasis on metabolomics or proteomics; or an MSc with 3+ years industrial experience in metabolomics or proteomics within a cell therapy or appropriate Life Science environment
- Significant experience in the design and execution of LC-MS studies to identify protein or metabolite biomarkers
- Strong background in analytical biochemistry/chemistry with emphasis on mass spectrometry applications in metabolomics or proteomics
- Significant experience in method development, troubleshooting and complex data analysis such as omics-based datasets with the use of online databases
- Proficiency with mass spectrometry software, data analysis software (Spotfire, MATLAB, R, JMP, etc.) word processing, and graphical computer programs
- Experience with chromatographic separation of various analytes by LC, ion mobility and characterisation and quantification by MS or MS/MS
- Experience of mammalian cell culture and the use of aseptic techniques
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks and prioritise workload within a fast-moving environment, with high attention to detail
- Project ownership and pride in its delivery
- Good written and oral communication skills and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work in a matrix-team environment and to contribute expertise and influence the design and planning of laboratory work
- Ability to work within a fast-paced professional environment, maintaining a high standard of work
- High degree of motivation, problem solving skills and innovative thinking
- Proven ability to engage constructively with colleagues at all levels across different departments to deliver objectives
Key Words, PhD, MSc, Proteomics, Metabolomics, Biomarker Discovery, Mass Spectometry, LC-MS, LC-MS-MS, LC/MS, LC/MS/MS, Metabolite, biomarker, Biochemist, Cell Biology, Gene Therapy, Cell Therapy. Project Lead, R&D, Research, Industrialisation"
Please apply online or call Neil Walton on 02030964706 for further information.