Senior Microbiologist required, based in Merseyside. Requiring a degree in Microbiology or associated discipline, with proven experience of microbiology bench techniques and operational knowledge of UKAS/ISO 17025 standards. Open to experience gained in food, pharma, contract testing, personal care, healthcare, biocides or similar
Title: Senior Microbiologist
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000 per annum (depending on experience)
SRG is working with a chemical manufacturing company who, as part of their offering to customers, operate a well-established microbiological testing laboratory. Due to growing demand, especially in the present climate, they are now looking for a Senior Microbiologist to join and lead laboratory operations, particularly regarding the maintenance of their UKAS accreditation. The role will involve carrying out micro testing work and ensuring compliance to ISO:17025 with procedures and documentation. This would be an ideal role for someone with a proven background in a working microbiology lab to UKAS/ISO:17025 standards, with operation knowledge around the requirements of these standards.
Benefits: You will lead a small but busy laboratory in a family run business, established for nearly 100 years, playing a key role delivering an accredited testing service. Huge potential for growth and expansion of the lab and role. 28 days holiday, inc. statutory days, increasing with length of service. 37 working hours per week, 8.30 - 4.30pm, Monday to Friday, with a 4pm finish on Fridays.
Role / Description
- Running the technical operations of the microbiology laboratory, including scheduling test work
- Maintaining the quality management system and ensuring compliance to ISO:17025 through correct procedures, documentation and reporting
- Monitoring test methods and SOPs, adapting, rewriting and validating as necessary to ensure compliance to ISO:17025 and test-specific standards
- Conducting varied analytical work including sample prep, validation and efficacy testing to specific standards
- Undertaking media preparation, preparation of neutralisers and quality control according to procedures
- Supervising one direct report, reviewing and meeting training needs to ensure technical competency
- Organising external testing as required
- Proven practical experience of microbiological testing in a UKAS/ISO:17025 accredited environment (healthcare, personal care, biocides, food, pharmaceuticals, contract testing)
- Educated to degree level in Microbiology or associated discipline
- Able to demonstrate knowledge around the requirements and implementation of ISO:17025 standards.
- Accountable, efficient and able to delegate
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2218.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: 17025, ISO, UKAS, microbiology, microbiologist, testing, efficacy, culturing, culture counting, media, media preparation, aseptic technique, soap, biocide, biocidal, sanitiser, disinfectant, hygiene, janitorial, veterinary, pharmaceuticals, consumer goods, food, FMCG, TVC, cosmetic, cosmetics, detergent, QA , QC, QMS, personal care, skin care, body care, cleaning products
your application has been submitted