Quality Assurance Specialist (Food/Feed) required, based in Liverpool. Requiring a strong background in quality assurance, internal auditing & quality
Quality Assurance Specialist (Food/Feed) required, based in Liverpool. Requiring a strong background in quality assurance, internal auditing and quality investigations, gained in a food/drink manufacturing environment.
Title: Quality Assurance Specialist - Food/Feed
Salary: £34,000 - £38,000 per annum (depending on experience)
SRG is working with a leading company specialising in the production and refinery of food and feed products worldwide. Due to internal promotion, they are now looking for a Quality Assurance Specialist to join the team based in Liverpool, responsible for multiple sites. The role will lead and oversee quality assurance and auditing to deliver end-to-end compliance, collaborating with internal teams to solve issues and action improvements. It would be a fantastic opportunity for an experienced quality professional, coming from a background in food, feed, beverages, oils or similar.
Benefits: Dynamic role in the business, with lots of autonomy and responsibility for 4 sites. Full training and support provided. 37.5 working hours per week, 8am-4.30pm (some flex on start/finish times). 25 days' holiday allowance, plus 8 statutory days, and enhanced company pension scheme. Private healthcare, life assurance and long-term illness cover as standard.
Role / Description
- Working across 4 sites (3 in Liverpool, 1 in Hull) to ensure compliance with food safety and quality standards (ISO:9001, FSSC:22000), and deliver improvements
- End-to-end internal auditing, from receipt of raw material, though processing, to storage and dispatch
- Conducting supplier audits, hosting external audits and working with customers to ensure requirements are met
- Undertaking investigations into quality issues and non-conformance, using Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and working closely with production and engineering teams to do so
- Implementing corrective actions and training where necessary to improve quality and proactively mitigate risks
- Interpreting and implementing procedural changes as a result of updates to legislation, quality standards and internal policies
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline - Chemistry, Food, Nutrition, Biology, Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, etc.
- Proven experience of quality assurance and auditing in an environment manufacturing food, drink, dairy, edible oils, biofuels or similar
- Operational knowledge of HACCP, ISO:9001, ISO:22000 and/or FSSC:22000
- Able to demonstrate use of Root Cause Analysis for problem-solving
- Willing and able to challenge norms and work constructively with others
- Driving Licence essential
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: QA, quality assurance, quality, quality engineer, quality specialist, food safety, ISO, 9001, 22000, FSSC, audit, auditing, auditor, RCA, root cause analysis, BSc, MSc, bachelor, master, quality management, compliance, food, feed, oil, biofuel, cereal, dairy, seed, grain, nutrition, QMS