Cell Biologist (Oncology)
Contract: 11 months - possible extension
Cell Biologist (Oncology)Contract: 11 months - possible extensionSalary: £20/hrLocation: Cheshire
SRG are working with a leading Pharmaceutical Company in Cheshire who are currently looking for a Cell Biologist. You will become part of a large team of bioscientists and play a pivotal role in the delivery of robust and high quality in vitro data to support drug discovery projects within the Oncology portfolio.
You should have a background in Oncology and a strong passion for experimental work & delivering data from the laboratory. You will use your scientific judgement, ability to analyse data, lab experience and communication skills to contribute to experimental design and interpretation for either early or late stage drug discovery programmes.
Delivering in vitro data according to the study plan as agreed with the team leader or project supervisor
Designing, performing and interpreting cell biology and mechanism-of-action in vitro studies, such as growth inhibition and survival assays, western blotting and immunofluorescence
Providing expert interpretation of the data, identifying innovative solutions to problems and putting forward plans for further experiments
Communicating experimental data and key findings in a clear and concise manner to project teams
Generating and maintaining clear experimental records
Maintaining an awareness of current developments in the literature to support projects
- PhD or 3 years of relevant industrial laboratory experience in Cell Biology, Biochemistry, pharmacology or a related field
- Experience of mammalian cell line tissue culture
- Good understanding & experience of a range of in vitro cell based & mechanistic techniques and assays e.g. cellular proliferation & survival assays, westerns, qRT-PCR, immunofluoresence
- Evidence of strong technical and experimental ability to deliver data from the lab
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Positive and collaborative team player with willingness to improve and learn new skills
- Good understanding of cancer cell biology
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity to gain valuable experience and develop your career.
If you think this opportunity is for you then apply now or contact Umul on 0203 096 4529 or send your CV to email@example.com
your application has been submitted
Back to job search