InPlant Ink Technician required, based in Wakefield. Requiring good colour vision and experience of mixing and preparing colour products - e.g. inks, coatings, paints, dyes, pigments. InPlant experience ideal but applications welcome from colour technicians, colourists, colour matchers, etc.
Title: InPlant Ink Technician
Location: Wakefield, West Yorkshire
Salary: £21,000 - £25,000 per annum
SRG is working with a company who develop and manufacture speciality coatings and ink for packaging applications. With a new production line at a major customer site, they are now looking for a new InPlant Ink Technician to join the team. The role will be based on-site in Wakefield and involve mixing ink, colour matching and providing technical support to produce ink meeting specifications. This would be a brilliant chance for someone with a background working in colour (inks/coatings/paints/dyes/pigments), a good eye for detail and understanding of how to mix and match colour products.
Benefits: Hands-on role, joining a small, on-site team. Full training provided. Offering 25 days' holiday allowance, plus 8 statutory days, and enhanced company pension scheme. 40 working hours per week, Monday to Friday, with an on-call rota for evening/weekend callouts (included in salary).
Role / Description
- Mixing and producing ink formulations on-site to customer specifications, colour-matching where appropriate
- Control and monitoring stock of inks and bases to meet ongoing production needs, replacing as needed
- Using IT systems (IMS, X-Rite) regularly to support work
- Monitoring ink usage and optimising formulations to give better mileage
- Maintaining accurate records of stock, batch details and retained samples
- Providing reports regarding ink consumption to customer and reporting technical data and issues to company technical service team
- Conducting line audits for customer as required
- Attending customer's daily meetings, as required
- Providing technical support and problem-solving where appropriate
- Previous experience of working with/mixing/matching colour products - inks, coatings, paints, dyes, pigments. *Specific experience of InPlant or ink manufacturing beneficial but not essential*
- Good colour vision
- Good maths skills, attention to detail and able to confidently use IT Systems
- Must be self-motivated and a team player
- Willing and able to work outside of standard working hours for potential callouts
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: ink, inplant, technician, colour, print, printing, printer, coating, paint, dye, mixing, blending, formulations, pigment, colour matching, colourist, tinting, X-Rite
your application has been submitted