Technical Support Manager required, based in Sheffield. Requiring experience of leading people in laboratory or lab-related operations, as well as practical knowledge of quality and regulatory affairs regarding chemicals and/or laboratory testing. Scientific degree essential, as well as strong leadership skills.
Title: Technical Support Manager
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Salary: ~£40,000 per annum
SRG is working with a company who develop and manufacture speciality chemicals for industrial hygiene and personal care products. With a busy technical team and a wide range of customers and products, they are now looking for a Technical Support Manager to join their site in Sheffield. The role will involve managing a small lab team, maintaining quality standards, providing regulatory guidance and contributing to wider business strategy. An excellent opportunity for someone with a background in technical leadership, laboratory operations and knowledge around quality and regulations - particularly pertaining to microbiology, personal care or hygiene products.
Benefits: A management position in a company with operations and facilities worldwide, high levels of autonomy, but with strong senior management support and opportunities for professional development. Offering 25 days' holiday allowance, plus 8 statutory days and birthday day off. Other benefits include an enhanced company pension scheme and private healthcare. Working hours 8.30am - 4.30pm, Monday to Friday, with some flexibility on start/finish times.
Role / Description
- Managing 4 experienced direct reports in the laboratory, providing guidance, conducting appraisals and identifying training needs
- Contributing to business strategy from a technical standpoint to influence organisational change
- Maintaining and developing quality standards, including ISO:13485, microbiological standards and company policies
- Ensuring technical procedures align with standards and are followed accordingly, updating as necessary
- Providing technical guidance internally and externally to facilitate onboarding of new products and procedures
- Providing regulatory advice to ensure product and testing compliance, in conjunction with suppliers
- Managing technical queries, complaints and non-conformances regarding products or testing
- Managing and conducting audit schedule (internal & external) and follow up actions
- Minimum degree in Scientific discipline - Chemistry, Microbiology or Biochemistry preferred.
- Proven experience in leading/managing people in a technical environment
- Significant experience of laboratory operations or closely related (e.g. quality/QA)
- Able to understand and interpret regulations and quality standards (specific knowledge in Care/Cosmetics sector beneficial)
- Forward thinking, with strong influencing skills and strategic mind-set
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: laboratory, technical, chemical, technical support, microbiology, cosmetics, personal care, hygiene, antibacterial, preservative, ISO, 13485, 9001, manager, leader, supervisor, Quality, quality assurance, QA, regulatory, compliance, testing, contract testing, manufacturing, degree, science, chemistry, biology, biochemistry
your application has been submitted