Chemical Assay Scientist
Competetive salary and benefits package
Contact Andrew Shortt to discuss an application
I am looking for a PhD level Scientist. with experience in creating and developing chemistries for genetic and epigenetic analysis, to join a highly skilled interdisciplinary team. You will focus on enhancing and characterizing my clients chemistry further, and developing the core epigenetic analysis workflows and reagents used to implement it..
Key Responsibilities include:
- Spending a significant portion of your time in the lab, you will design, develop and commercialise groundbreaking epigenetic analysis chemistries in a fast-paced product development environment.
- Adapt and optimise existing methods for epigenetic analysis of DNA and create improved methods that significantly extend capabilities.
- Optimise formulations, methods and workflows in order to achieve commercial levels of performance, stability, robustness and ease-of-use.
- Identify and source new active chemicals, additives or formulations that enable improved assay performance, stability, robustness or other desirable characteristics.
- Characterise chemicals, reactions, reagents and methods using a variety of analytical tools in order to identify and control critical parameters.
- Test hypotheses and analyse scientific data from a variety of sources, reviewing and refining working hypotheses as appropriate.
- Support the design of NGS Sequencing experiments and use NGS data in order to measure the performance of epigenetic analysis methods and chemistries.
- Design & Develop analytical methods and assays suitable for characterization & QC of novel chemistries.
Key Skills and Experience:
- A PhD in Chemistry/Biochemistry/Molecular Biology/Genetics or similar discipline, with significant postdoctoral experience.
- A background in chemistry coupled with experience of genetic analysis technologies will be particularly advantageous.
- Strong skills in Chemical Biology/Molecular Biology/Biochemistry techniques.
- Experience with NGS/DNA Sequencing/Genetic Analysis Chemistries.
- Strong theoretical and practical chemistry skills, especially as applied to DNA.
- Good knowledge of modern analytical methods (eg, HPLC, Mass Spec and NMR)
- Excellent teamworking skills with previous experience of completing collaborative projects on time and within budget.
- Demonstrable experience in conducting research from primary sources.
your application has been submitted