Competitive salary and benefits package
Contact Andrew to discuss
I am looking for a Scientist with significant growth potential to help establish Next Generation Sequencing capabilities and execute Sequencing projects. Working with a highly skilled interdisciplinary team, you will generate and enable the analysis of DNA sequence and methylation data that supports Clinical Studies and development of high performing, clinical grade applications kits and workflows. It is expected that you will be hands-on in the lab.
- As a key member of a small team of hands-on NGS scientists, you will help to establish a highly professional, flexible and responsive Next Generation Sequencing Capability within the company, utilising both internal systems and external sequencing services.
- Execute NGS projects and data analysis, ensuring a smooth and efficient flow of results and outputs that meet the requirements of the chemistry and productization teams.
- Execute NGS projects that support Clinical Studies demonstrating product utility and product development activities in which functional of testing product performance, robustness and reproducibility will be critical.
- Work closely with the broader R&D team on the design of bespoke NGS experiments, sequencing libraries and data analyses.
Skills and Experience:
- A PhD in an appropriate subject. Candidates without a PhD but with highly relevant experience should apply.
- Specialist knowledge of next generation sequencing, including a variety of NGS applications, and a working knowledge of bioinformatics.
- Up to date knowledge of molecular diagnostic tests for rare diseases and oncology.
- Proven track record of executing a variety of NGS projects, either in support of product development activities in a commercial environment or in a clinical setting.
- Skilled in the interpretation of NGS data and troubleshooting of molecular biology, sequencing and data analysis issues.
- Experience of specialised and commonly used molecular biology methods.
- Strong teamworking skills with previous experience of completing collaborative projects on time and within budget.
- Enjoy working towards challenging goals in a fast-moving environment where on-time delivery of results is a high priority.
your application has been submitted