NGS Product Integration Lead
Please contact Andrew to discuss further: 0121 728 8456 firstname.lastname@example.org
SRG are currently recruiting for a NGS Product Integration Lead to work with an exciting new start-up biotech, with the potential to have a major impact on personalised medicine. Our client are working on the diagnostic application of their technology with the aim of reducing the incidence of advanced stage cancer. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with an emerging biotech presenting a very real possibility of life-changing science. They have recently raised substantial seed funding and are now looking for talented and highly motivated scientists to join their R&D team. This is a rare chance to participate in developing a disruptive technology in one of the most exciting areas of Life Science and to make a substantial impact on Human Health.
Role / Description
As the leader of a small team of NGS scientists, you will establish a highly professional, flexible and responsive Next Generation Sequencing capability within the company, utilising both internal systems and external sequencing services. It is expected that you will be hands on in the lab, at least during the early phases of implementation.
This is a wide ranging role with real potential to have an early impact on the business. Some of the main responsibilities are included below (a detailed job description is available on request):
- Manage the delivery of NGS projects and data analysis, ensuring a smooth and efficient flow of projects and outputs that meet the requirements of the chemistry and productization teams.
- Lead and drive NGS projects that support Clinical Studies demonstrating product utility and product development activities
- To work closely with the R&D team on the design of bespoke NGS experiments, sequencing libraries and data analyses.
- To work closely with the CTO and CMO on prioritisation of sequencing projects, with the ability to re-prioritise projects rapidly as requirements change and contribute to the preparation of internal & external reports, presentations, publications and applications as required.
- Provide professional management and career development for NGS integration staff in accordance with Industry best practice.
Key Skills & Experience:
We are looking for someone with a genuine passion and enthusiasm for life sciences and making a difference in a growing industry. You will hold PhD in an appropriate scientific subject, ideally with either significant Postdoctoral and/or Industrial experience. You will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of next generation sequencing, including a variety of NGS applications, and also a working knowledge of bio-informatics. We are also looking for someone with experience of managing, motivating and providing career development for graduate and PhD scientists, ideally in a commercial environment. A real coach and mentor who can bring people along and contribute to their development.
Other key skills include:
- Up to date knowledge of molecular diagnostic tests for rare diseases and oncology.
- Knowledge of the requirements for the day-to-day running of a clinical-grade molecular laboratory, including relevant professional standards.
If you have experience and/or knowledge in any of the following, this would be desirable:
- Clinical Scientist Training (or equivalent).
- A track record of successful RUO or IVD product development in the life science sector.
- Experience of working with structured product development processes and quality management systems.
This is an excellent time to begin your journey with this exciting company, to deliver real results in a ground-breaking area, and to contribute to human health within this vital sector.
your application has been submitted