Head of Assay Development - Molecular Biology
£ Competitive, depending on skills, suitability and background
This position has arisen due to expansion and creation of a new business entity within an already established and successful organisation involved in Life Sciences, Engineering, Physics and Software to name but a few key areas. The role is hands-on - you will be a Leader in the true sense, with a growing team of Molecular Scientists who will look to you for guidance and support as the business evolves.
Key to this opportunity, is the chance to use your background in Life Sciences to inform the engineering of practical, hand-held solutions which will far exceed current capabilities once the product is fully validated and tested, within the arena of ultra-fast diagnostics based on PCR methodologies.
Core role requirements will cover, but are not limited to:
* Management of a team of molecular scientists
* Working closely with the Engineering team to design practical solutions, functionality and validation protocols
* Design and execution of experiments to validate and optimise product performance
* Project management, independent planning and goal-setting for the team taking into account the bigger picture as well as individual needs and performance
* Working with external partners, investors and development collaborators and reporting to stakeholders on a regular basisYour background:
* PhD in a relevant field/specialism of Molecular Biology
* Highly developed experience in the development, validation and optimisation of PCR assays and molecular diagnostic assays from an industrial/commercial environment
* A skilled project planner and manager with proven concept-to-launch exposure - you will be practical, able to work accurately under pressure and produce intelligent arguments for taking a certain path
* Confident communicator, both to technical audience as well as non-technical stakeholders
* A background working in a regulated environment with product development protocols such as ISO 13485
* Collaborative, entrepreneurial in spirit and determined to find solutions are non-negotiables for this organisation
Are you looking for a VP role with leadership responsibilities and a good amount of project management?
Are you able to demonstrate a strong and relevant work history within Molecular Science and particularly with methodologies such as PCR?
Are you able to work in Cambridge, UK?
Do you have a PhD in a Molecular discipline?
For a further confidential conversation about this role, please contact Bec Johnston: firstname.lastname@example.org / 01223 607858.
your application has been submitted