Hours/Shifts: Average of 42 hours per week.
12¼ hour shift pattern, 3 week rotating, plus 10 scheduled Saturday shifts per year (Saturdays' rostered at peak production throughout the year).
An example of the pattern (without the Saturday shift) is shown below (D = Days, N = Nights, R = Rest):
- Week One - Mon (D) Tue (D) Wed (N) Thu (N) Fri (N) Sat (R) Sun (R)
- Week Two - Mon (N) Tue (N) Wed (R) Thu (R) Fri (R) Sat (R) Sun (R)
- Week Three - Mon (R) Tue (R) Wed (D) Thu (D) Fri (D) Sat (R) Sun (R)
My client are a manufacturer of dry powders for the food & beverage industry. The site currently has around 250 employees and is a 24/5 operation. They take great pride in their work and their trusted position within the industry. The site has several complex processes that require someone who has experience of working within a food/FMCG environment.
- The QA Manager will provide an efficient and effective quality assurance service, ensuring product safety, quality & legality, as well as compliance with corporate and customer policies and procedures to the benefit of the business.
- It is expected that the role will support the operational team in ensuring that all legislative, codes of practice and customer requirements in respect of food safety, quality and legality, are met for all products manufactured on site.
- Working with the production teams and customers, review the factory operation on a daily basis to ensure that products meet the Food Safety, Quality and Legality standards set by the company, customers and regulatory authorities.
- Champion the 'Right First Time, Every Time' approach to quality issues across the site, the emphasis being, working in partnership with the Operation team.
- Maintain internal quality systems, including BRC, customer technical standards. Ensure that processes are in place to determine customer's needs and expectations, they are clearly defined, and ensure that these requirements are fulfilled.
- Manage site internal audit schedule as per the FSQM system and ensure any non- conformances are identified, tracked and closed out by the relevant manager(s)
- Investigate customer complaints and undertake a root cause analysis to identify on-going improvements to Food Safety, Quality or Regulatory standards to avoid a reoccurrence. Prepare formal customer complaint responses and KPI reports.
- Investigate internal non-conformances and where applicable make a decision on disposition of any affected stock. Ensure that issues are recorded and communicated to the site wide team.
- Take an active part in site customer and regulatory visits/audits. As a member of the site Crisis Management team ensure that you are familiar with the Premier Foods 'Crisis and Incident Management procedure manual.
Education / Training:
- HND or Higher degree in relevant subject area i.e. Food Science, Food Technology.
- Avanced Food Hygiene HACCP
- Health & Safety Awareness & COSHH
Experience / Skills:
- Demonstrable experience in a QA Manager/Supervisory role within a food manufacturing / Processing environment.
- Computer literate on MS Word, MS Excel, SAP.
- Awareness of Food legislation and Health & safety.
- Non-conformance investigations and root cause analysis.
- GMP auditing experience.
- Raw materials assessments.
- Good technical knowledge regarding Food Safety, Quality & Legality.
- Strong leadership / management skills
your application has been submitted