Microbiology Research Manager/Senior Research Manager
Attractive salary and package
Are you a Microbiologist with Post Doc or commercial/strong industrial experience?Do you have strong leadership skills? (supervising/managing teams?) This position is reporting into the senior management team which comes with management and development opportunity to move up into a research director role. Role:
- The Microbiology Research Manager is responsible for the day-to-day running of the R&D microbiology laboratory, the supervision of laboratory personnel and microbiology testing.
- Reporting into the senior management team this role comes with development opportunity to move up into a research director role.
- Required to be familiar with and implement the requirements defined in the Quality Manual.
- Responsible for the approval and reporting of results to clients.Will handle the testing and reporting of results in an impartial manner.
- Will ensure the laboratory has sufficient resources to meet its testing needs.
- Carry out the required training for laboratory staff, and complete the required documentation as defined in the Training Procedure.Works closely with the Technical and Quality Manager to implement and maintain the quality management system.Requirements:
- Educated to PhD/Post doc level or equivalent with proven competence within a commercial microbiology laboratory environment.
- Experienced within a Research/R&D microbiology/molecular biology setting.
- Experienced to train/delegate a team of microbiologists/molecular biologists.
- Possession of a wide knowledge of microbiological techniques and procedures are essential.
- Proven competence in working in a laboratory with quality systems in place such as: GMP & ISO standards and ensure that these are maintained in practice.
- Knowledge of accreditation and it's requirements.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Aptitude for team working.
- To maintain the confidence and confidentiality of our customers at all times.If you're interested in the position please apply online, for additional questions please call on 0121 728 8455 to discuss.
your application has been submitted