Microbiology Laboratory Technician - Immediate start!
This position reports to the Laboratory Manager and solely responsible for microbiological analysis. Working within a GMP environment this position is required to carry out a range of microbiological testing of pharmaceutical products.
- Order laboratory consumables to ensure ready supply above minimum stock levels
- Perform routine laboratory analysis of a range of pharmaceutical forms:
- Microbial Limit Testing according to current EP/USP requirements
- Organism identification by gram stain and API
- Antibiotic assay
- Bacterial endotoxin testing using gel clot technique.
- Media Preparation
- Preservative efficacy testing of pharmaceutical products
- Perform non standard laboratory analysis as required
- Environmental monitoring
- Disinfectant challenge testing using BSEN test methods
- Report and interpret analysis results
- Investigate and report OOT/OOS results
- Perform and document routine instrument calibration, qualification and validation
- Perform basic maintenance and of laboratory equipment
- Maintain laboratory instrument log books
- Perform daily and weekly housekeeping activities.
- Either a relevant degree or relevant experience within microbiology.
- Experience of GMP would be an advantage
- A working knowledge of aseptic techniques
- Understanding or experience of microbiological techniques.
If you have the skills/experience required and are interested in the role please apply online, if you have any questions please call on 0121 728 8455.
your application has been submitted