An opportunity for a Development Chemist to join a leading Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisation based in the North East.
Job Title: Development Chemist
Location: North East
SRG are working with a Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisation who have a requirement for a Development Chemist, responsible for developing new processing in the laboratory and translate these processes into ones capable of running at the appropriate scale. You will be reporting directly into the Laboratory Project Manager.
- Develop and demonstrate new processing in the laboratory
- Define and/or demonstrate process route, draft process outlines and approve PRS (pure resourcing solutions)
- Support scale up, pilot, semi works and commercial manufacture (may include shift work)
- Develop and optimise processes
- Reaction development and optimisation
- cGMP manufacturing of intermediates and API's (active pharmaceutical ingredients)
- Conduct HSE audits and ensure all work complies with HSE requirements
- Prepare reports and communicate with external stakeholders
- BSc in a Chemical discipline
- PhD in Synthetic Organic Chemistry is highly desirable
- Experience of working within R&D
- Ability to work to cGMP
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Harrison Bailey at Harrison.firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Harrison on 0161 868 2238.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: Development Chemist, Research and Development, CDMO, API, Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient, Manufacturing, Scale up, Pilot Plant, Pharmaceuticals, Research,
your application has been submitted